The skin is the largest organ in the human body. While injections and other dermatological treatments can help rejuvenate the skin and make you look younger and your skin fuller, it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t continually take care of your skin. Injections hit the deeper level of the skin, but a daily skin care regimen helps keep your skin looking great at its surface.
The most important and critical aspect of putting together a skin care regimen is to buy Medical Grade products. The products that you can get at the local drug store, or even over the counter at any department store are not the same as medical grade products. They have different ingredients and different strengths than medical grade products, and therefore do not produce the same effect. With that in mind, here are the top 5 products you should include in your daily skin care regimen to keep your skin looking healthy, young, and in the best shape possible as you age.
- Growth Factors: One of the best products for overall skin rejuvenation, growth factors boost skin cell growth and help create more collagen and elastin at the cellular level. A growth factor product such as Skinmedica’s TNS Recovery Complex helps regenerate growth factors that have been depleted by the body with age, thus supporting skin rejuvenation.
- Antioxidants: Free radicals are produced by environmental exposures to the sun, tobacco smoke or radiation and are also produced when the body breaks down food. Antioxidants provide protection against the effects of free radicals on the skin cells. Many beauty companies are noting the benefits of antioxidants and are starting to incorporate them into their products. Whether topically or orally, antioxidants have been found to reduce signs of aging, reduce inflammation, and give the skin a healthy glow.
- Skin Brightener: A skin brightener, such as Skinmedica Lytera 2.0, helps even out the brown spots on the face and give you an even skin tone. They target post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, specifically from acne cysts and bumps. Be sure to talk to your skin care professional before using a skin brightener in order to use it properly and effectively.
- Retinol: Also known as Vitamin A, Retinol promotes skin cell turnover and helps rid the skin of dead cells, thus helping to smooth and refine the skin. Again, it’s critical to talk to your skin care professional about the best way to properly and effectively use retinol creams and it’s equally important to remain compliant when using a retinol cream.
- Sunscreen: Like we mentioned earlier, if you don’t have a proper skin care regimen, the treatments you receive aren’t going to have the same effect. The same goes for sunscreen. No matter how well you take care of your skin, if you don’t use sun protection, there is honestly no point! The sun breaks down the elastin in our skin, causes pigmentation, and permanently damages our skin cells. Applying sunscreen every day is crucial in keeping your face looking young and healthy.
Again, it is important to discuss any topical treatment with your skin care professional to figure out the proper way to use it and discuss expected results. Every person’s skin is different so what may work great for one person, may not be the best option for your skin. It is important though, whatever product you use, that it is medical grade. This will help you achieve maximum results with minimal side effects.