If you are just getting started in the aesthetic industry, it can be difficult to build your credibility. You probably don’t have a huge client base from the start and have minimal experience to showcase. Building credibility in your practice is crucial to attracting clients and building your brand. Experienced injectors who have decided to open up their own practice or move locations also experience a similar issue. Wherever you are in your aesthetic journey, building credibility is the most important aspect you can do to grow yourself and your business. Here are a few steps to take that can help you build your credibility:
- Use your website: We’ve talked before about the importance of your website in branding and marketing yourself, but a website can also help you establish credibility with your clients. It is highly probable that your clients or potential clients will look you up online before coming into your practice. Displaying your bio and your credentials on your site along with any certifications help potential clients see your expertise. You should also display any photos of your work on your website to showcase the quality of your services.
- Communicate your expertise: Whether it’s on your website or during an in-person consultation, educating your patients is critical. The more you can talk about a procedure, expectations before and after the treatment, pros and cons, and typical results, the better. Clearly communicating to your clients is critical in establishing credibility. Use before and after photos, if you have them, to further illustrate your points.
- Honesty is the best policy: This goes hand in hand with open communication. If your patients have their mind set on a specific treatment that you don’t think is right, let them know and explain why. Your honesty will be rewarded. Be upfront and honest about the results your patients can expect so there are no surprises.
- Make it easy for people to contact you: On your website, make it easy for people to send you an email, or call you. Make it very apparent on every page what you do and the steps potential clients can take. When they call your office, make sure they are able to get through and talk to someone (during office hours) and aren’t given a machine. Provide online, live chat on your website where you can answer potential client’s questions. Making it easy for people to get in contact with you and having open lines of communication are essential to building your credibility with clients.
- Use social media: Just like with your website, displaying your credentials, bio, and certifications on social media is equally as important. You can use social media to post your knowledge as well as general industry news, and more. Having a specific social media strategy can help you build credibility.
- Build Relationships: Build strong relationships with your clients, reach out to them on their birthday, send thank you cards, follow up regularly. Be diligent about keeping up those relationships. By showing that you care about your clients, you will build your credibility simultaneously.
Whether you are new to the industry or established in your practice, building credibility is an essential and core aspect of growing your business. Being a great communicator, from your website to your relationships with clients, is critical to building credibility in the aesthetics industry.