Last time, we discussed the best Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers for the use in lip augmentation and those superficial, fine lines around the mouth. This week, we are going to discuss hyaluronic acid dermal fillers for the use in moderate to severe lines, wrinkles, and folds, as well as for use in lifting and contouring cheeks.
The following products are very diverse and have a medium viscosity for use in various parts of the face. These products all contain lidocaine pre-mixed with the product and are used to treat moderate to severe lines and wrinkles specifically the laugh lines, marionette lines, and nasolabial folds.
- Juvederm Vollure XC: For moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles, Vollure works to provide a subtle lift to the facial features, specifically in the parentheses lines around the nose and mouth. It has been proven to last up to 18 months, one of the longer lasting products on the market to treat these specific areas.
- Juvederm XC: Juvederm XC instantly smoothes the parentheses lines around the mouth and nose with results that last up to 12 months.
- Restylane Refyne: Used to help soften laugh lines, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines while allowing for natural movement of the face and features. Refyne is flexible and offers a very subtle support for up to 12 months.
- Restylane Defyne: Defyne is used in the treatment of deep laugh lines and offers additional support. Like Refyne, Defyne is formulated to allow natural facial expressions and movements. Results last up to 12 months.
Lifting and Contouring Cheeks
The following products are used in more heavy lines and wrinkles to provide maximum volume and lift. These products are more viscous and provide more support, thus requiring more plunger pressure into those deeper and more prominent folds and are mainly used to fix contour deficiencies.
- Restylane Lyft (Formerly known as Perlane): Specifically formulated to add volume and shape to the cheek and midface area as well as correct and smooth smile lines or nasolabial folds. This product is a bit more hydrophilic and results typically last up to 12 months.
- Juvederm Voluma XC: Designed to add volume to lift and contour the cheek area for those who have experienced volume loss due to age. The effects of this product have been shown to last up to 2 years
There you have it! The basic guide to most of the Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers on the market today. This is not a complete guide, and should not be used in place of classes and training. Please visit our course calendar for the next class in your area to learn more about these products and proper injection techniques. Each patient is different, and you should provide time for a thorough consult with your patients to ensure that you are choosing the best treatment for their needs.