December is a difficult month for all businesses and aesthetic practices especially can experience a drop-off in business. Even though winter is a great time to receive aesthetic treatments, people do not typically think of themselves with all the holiday stress and chaos. December is a month where people are thinking about what to give others. There are ways you can help boost your sales this holiday season, to ensure you remain busy through these slow times:
- Offer holiday service packages or skin care product packages to your clients.
- Advertise gift cards as a great present for someone. Send out an email or a holiday card advertising gift cards as an easy and simple gift for someone on their list. This could get new clients in the door as well as past clients. I mean, who doesn’t love gift cards?
- As just mentioned, make sure you send out a holiday card or email to all your current clients thanking them for their patronage and wishing them a happy holiday season. Not only is it a personal touch that your clients will love, it is also a great reminder for them that it may be time to come in again for a treatment.
- Offer a holiday open house. Open your doors to potential and current clients where you can offer special packages or discounts. Have a raffle for a free treatment or product. Allergan or Galderma will sometimes send a sales rep out to help support you if you ask them ahead of time.
- Plan ahead. If you know your holiday season is going to be slow, plan months in advance on how to keep your business flowing.
- Offer a VIP event for your current clients with exclusive deals. Ask them to bring a friend that is not currently a client. You can offer deals for those who bring a prospective client.
There are many things you can do to help keep your practice busy during the slower months. It’s all about offering deals, staying in contact, and marketing yourself right. If you do this, you will not experience the holiday slump that many practices go through.