There’s no denying that social media has completely taken over our world, personally and professionally. The good news is, you can effectively use social media to enhance your business and your brand, if you use it correctly.
The hard part about social media, is you have to commit. It will take time, and it will take effort, but it can all be worthwhile in the end.
Here are some tips on using social media effectively:
- Keep it simple: With so many social media platforms out there, it can get overwhelming. Stick to a small number of platforms that are most effective and relative to your audience. We would suggest Facebook, YouTube, and possibly Instagram. Don’t get stuck on the temporarily popular outlets that will fade out over time such as Twitter or Snapchat etc.
- Use multimedia: We mentioned YouTube already, but video is a great resource. YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google, so being on YouTube could be extremely valuable. Using different media types is also very useful. These can be leveraged on other social networks and tend to attract more viewers than your standard posts.
- Be consistent: You can’t just set up a social media profile, post a few times, and wait for people to roll in. Social media requires consistent posting but with the right strategy, that can be relatively simple.
- Be authentic: The more personal and authentic you are, the better. Social media users can see your passion behind what you post, and the more authentic you are, the more likely they are to engage. Share personal stories or before and after photos (All with consent from the patients of course).
- Create good content: Create content your users want to read. Be informative, be a resource for your readers, be an expert, make them trust you.
- Encourage engagement: Encourage your patients to write reviews on social media, or check in at your location, or hold a contest. Getting people engaged on your profiles will help.
Social media on its own can be hit or miss. It’s the entire strategy that you need to focus on. You must also take into account your website, content, email marketing, advertising, SEO, print media, and more. All of these things should work together cohesively. If you focus solely on social media, you might end up disappointed. Coming up with a cohesive marketing strategy is what is going to help you succeed.