The COVID-19 pandemic has us all stressed and in need of some self-care. And with being confined to the house, we put a list of self-care ideas that you can do from the comfort of your home that will help you relax and maybe keep your mind off of the state of chaos. Feel free to share with your clients too!
- Set up a spa day: Pamper yourself! You deserve it. Check out this article on great beauty treatments you can incorporate into your spa day. Just because we are confined to the house doesn’t mean we can’t make our skincare and appearance a priority.
- Take a bath: Complete with candles, bath salts, and potentially a glass of wine. This will help relieve some of the stress from recent events and there are also numerous health benefits associated with a relaxing bath.
- Go for a walk: Especially since we are confined to our homes, getting out for a short walk once or twice a day can do wonders for your mental health. If you have dogs, they will appreciate the exercise as well! 🙂
- Learn something new: We mentioned in our previous blogs about taking this time to educate yourself on different aspects of your business. But this could also be a great time to take an online class on something you’ve been anxious to try. For example: have you always wanted to learn photography? Sign up for a class and start learning! This will keep your mind occupied and it’s always good to learn new things!
- Cook your favorite meal or bake your favorite dessert: Free time lends itself to lots of cooking and baking. Why not indulge yourself with some of your favorites. This is another activity that helps take your mind off of other things!
- Listen to music: Music is an instant mood-booster. Create a new playlist or check out some of the virtual live concerts artists are putting on.
- Get ready: Get out of sweatpants and get dressed. Throw on some makeup or do your hair. Sometimes just getting ready for the day can help improve your overall mood and motivate you to do more with your day.
- Learn how you can help: A lot of dog rescues are asking for people to foster dogs during this time when we’re all home. Other people are sewing masks for healthcare workers. There is a lot that you can do to help others at this time, and that is critical in times like these.
Taking care of yourself will definitely help you get through these crazy and unknown times! Not only is it great for your mental health, but being relaxed and stress-free definitely has an effect on your overall health, which is vital in a time like this.